Careless maintenance neglect such as unlit walkways, unkempt sidewalks, damaged railings, loose flooring and uncleaned spills may all cause you to fall and become injured.
Specifically, if you receive an injury as a result of any of the following causes, you may want to consider legal action with an attorney experienced in handling slip-and-fall cases:
- Unnatural accumulations of water or obvious defects
- Slips on food and foreign substances in restaurants and/or supermarkets
- Falls due to poor lighting or items not built to code
- Falls down stairs that are in bad condition
- Trip-and-falls on poorly aligned sidewalk edges
- Animal attacks/dog bite injuries
- Retail accidents/business premises accidents
If any of the above apply to your accident, your case will be considered a “premises liability claim”--this means that property owners are responsible for adequately maintaining their property. Furthermore, the business is proven to have negligently maintained its property, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries.
It is also important to note that in the state of Louisiana, the law dictates that there is a clear distinction between dangerous conditions that a store or property owner created and one that another individual created. If the outside party created the dangerous condition, the store must have had adequate time to repair the condition.
Our lawyers have the experience, drive, and profound understanding of the law surrounding slip-and-fall accidents to secure the compensation you are entitled to. If you wish to speak with one of our attorneys regarding your case, please contact our firm today by calling (504) 483-3406